Sunday, January 23, 2011

El Segundo

So I've officially come to the conclusion that I am one of the worst bloggers ever. It just hasn't been quite high enough on my priority list. And so i keep taking a really long time between posts and summarize everything, making it less interesting. So sorry about that! But here I continue with my general overviews...


Granada is still amazing as ever. I love all of my friends, my classes, my host family, all of it.. The past couple of days have been a lot of fun. We've been getting tapas a lot, pregaming outside in random plazas, and revisiting all of our favorites such as Hannigan's, Tantra, Paddy's, etc. We've been hitting up the discoteca called, Granada 10 a lot. Most of the time staying there until 4-6 in the morning. One of the highlights from last time was when all of our group ended up dancing together on the dance floor and randomly decided to form a huge dance circle, and then proceed to shout "I-L-L....I-N-I!" Weird foreigners... Haha. Usually a night there includes too many tequila shots and lots of dancing- we can always count on leaving one of the discotecas with plenty of stories.


Another interesting thing we did a couple days ago, after classes were done for the day, was when our entire program got free tickets to see a Flamenco show. It was pretty interesting. I've never really seen dances like that. It's hard to explain.  So instead, here's a visual:



[[ I HAD a video here but of course it didn't work.. Instead, you can look at this youtube video. It's a small sample of almost the same performance we saw. ]]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gqQ8rH0nE


Today was an interesting day as well.. First off, it snowed. My host dad told me that it snows about twice a year MAYBE in Granada. I still can't get over the fact that it rained on palm trees.. It was a little depressing because I wanted to finally play soccer today. But I suppose I can wait just one more day.  After siesta and then hanging out with my host family for a while, the majority of our program ended up going to the Irish bar in town, Paddy's, to watch the Bears vs. the Packers game, to see who makes it to the Superbowl. Unfortunately, the Bears lost, but it was still a really exciting game!


Tomorrow is Monday, aka the second week of classes begins.  Need to wake up a little earlier tomorrow to actually do my homework! So that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. couldn't see the video...said an error occured. Is it me, or the video? Better odds is on me!!!

    ReplyDelete